- Right now, there are 27 million people that are living in slavery worldwide.
- Two children per minute are sold into this veiled commodity.
- There are 100,000 to 300,000 people being bought and sold here in America -- in our own backyard.
- The age of these children normally ranges from nine to nineteen with the most common age being eleven.
- Approximately $32 billion is generated from commercial sexual exploitation.
- According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development the numbers make the trafficking of persons the second most lucrative crime in the world, next to drug trafficking.
- It is the fastest growing illegal trade, and it is also said that human trafficking will surpass drug trafficking in the next two years.
Sadly, many people do not know these statistics, due to the mindset of America being “land of the free.” It is up to us. We Christians need to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and help bring forth the Lord’s justice. We must fight for the oppressed. I believe that the Lord is rising a generation of freedom lovers; a generation of people who will go out into our Jerusalem, Judea, and to the very ends of our earth with the Lord’s justice and love being their banner. As Jesus said in the first chapter of Mark, the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand.